Wednesday, December 12, 2018

CHRISTMAS MANTLE 2018












This year, I wanted to decorate my mantle more in line with my large Christmas tree in the house.


I was so happy with this clean silver and white look last year.  However, there are those who say, 'where are your children's homemade ornaments and the ones you have collected over the years?'  I have those ornaments in a rubber tub that are very protected upstairs.

Without spending a lot of money, I achieved that look.  First of all, I pulled out my glittered evergreen and pinecone garlands for the base of the mantle top.


  I added my over sized mercury glass ornaments.  You might notice my Pottery Barn monogrammed stocking holders that I purchased back in 2000.  I love them as much as when I bought them.  Although, I will have to admit, the girls complain to me about my lack of updating their pictures.  They were just too cute!



Glittered branches that I bought at an estate sale in Little Rock add some texture.



The only items I did buy were the cream and sequins decorated stockings at Hobby Lobby.  They were on sale for $7.50 a piece, which didn't break the bank.



Look at the mantle with the sun bathing the room.  Completely majestic and serene!  (Sorry about the air purifier in the picture.)






The last touch was a pair of silver bells hanging from a glittered branch.



Now the tree and mantle compliment each other for this Christmas season.























No comments:

Post a Comment