Friday, December 28, 2018

ANTIPASTI BUFFET


My cooking buddy and I were asked to cook for a wedding reception at church. 

I wanted to share the antipasti buffet.  This buffet would keep the wedding guests occupied while the bride, groom and family were taking pictures. 

To be honest, I found out about this part of the plans the day before the wedding.  The morning of the wedding, I woke and went through the house finding everything that could compliment the rustic Italian appetizer bar.


I think that this is one of my favorite things to do--styling food tables.  Take a look and maybe you can use some of these ideas.

The base of the buffet used 2 rectangular tables.

The table was filled with a hot spinach artichoke dip, a goat cheese blend topped with fig jam and a homemade boursin cheese spread.  The table overflowed with baskets of croissants, crostinis, various kinds of crackers, almonds, fresh figs, fresh oranges and lemons, and cheese blocks-smoky gouda, brie and aged cheddar.  Three trays of various salamis, Kalamata olives, cheese stuffed olives, pickles, artichokes, roasted red peppers and fresh basil and green onions filled the abundantly filled tables.

The look I was hoping to achieve succeeded.  Cluttered with overflowing plates, baskets and serving pieces made for a tasty buffet.







It reminded me of a rustic table out of Tuscany.


No comments:

Post a Comment