Friday, August 23, 2019

SAVING MONEY BY MAKING MARINATED MOZZARELLA PEARLS FROM SCRATCH


I was preparing for my last big event with my organization.  I was creating a Tuscan antipasto spread with 3 long rectangular tables.  I have various items on the menu, which I will blog about later.
  
One of the items I wanted to serve was marinated fresh mozzarella balls.
I priced the mozzarella balls-pearls as they call them, and realized that the already $4.97 for the same amount as not  marinated ones for $2.97.  I purchased 3 packages of the un marinated pearls and made my own marinade.





This recipe literally took 5 minutes to whip up. I pulled out a package of Aldi's dry Italian
Salad Dressing and Mix.


The next step was to separate the 3 balls of mini mozzarella pearls.


I went online and used an easy recipe for Marinated Mozzarella Pearls. 


After mixing the oil and dressing and spices, I placed all the pearls into a plastic take out container and poured the mixture over the pearls.
I let it marinate  for 4 days occasionally turning the lidded container upside down to allow the oil mixture to wash over the mozzarella.



This was an easy appetizer to set on the Italian buffet.  I was also able to marinate the mozzarella pearls and save my budget some money.









No comments:

Post a Comment