Sunday, August 4, 2019

CHEESY RICE CASSEROLE MADE FROM LEFTOVER COOKED RICE


I went to my pantry to find a box of cheesy rice to accompany my grilled pork steaks for dinner.  Unfortunately, there was none.  I checked my freezer and I had 4 cups of frozen rice.  Why not make it from scratch?


I searched for cheesy rice recipes on Pinterest and couldn't find any.  I did however find a Keto Cheesy Cauliflower rice.  I decided to improvise and was please with my results.



INGREDIENTS:

4 c. cooked rice
1 T. butter
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
4 T. cream cheese, softened
2 c. cheddar cheese, grated
1/4 c. milk
1/2 tsp. each salt and pepper

In a large skillet, melt the butter and add the garlic salt, and salt & pepper.  Mix well.
Throw in the thawed cooked rice and heat through thoroughly.
Turn down the heat and add the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and milk.

Place in a greased casserole dish.  Cook for 30 minutes at 350 or microwave.

This dish makes an excellent do ahead casserole.




Not only could I clean out something in the freezer, I made a cheesy rice casserole without going to the store!  Some days, this is a big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment