Sunday, March 22, 2020

REFRESHENED ARTICHOKE



First of all, with the coronavirus update, my youngest, is home from school and it's her birthday.  It is hard to entertain here since we haven't gone anywhere.  We will be celebrating by picking up her favorite Chinese food later this afternoon.
Back to the posting.


During my February thrift shopping, I picked up this artichoke decoration for $1.00.

Updating this piece of décor took about a total of 15 minutes. I love those easy ones!

The first step was applying a coat of acrylic crackle medium. 


I used my hairdryer to speed up the drying process.




The next step was to paint the chalk paint over the dried artichoke.  I gave it two coats so the crackled surfaces would show more dimension.




Once I complete one more garden element, I will show you the Spring Mantle.



No comments:

Post a Comment