Sunday, February 10, 2013

Over the Moon Valentine Card

I always like to make Mr. Thrifty a vintage valentine every year.  Last year's card was no exception.  I started with an image of an old valentine.

This image captured my interest because years ago, I saw a sepia photograph of my paternal grandparents with a similar moon background.  Grandma told me that they had that photo taken when they were dating. I don't know what happened to this photo.  Thus, this became the focal point for the card.
                                   

With a bit of black and white scrapbook paper, red flowered paper and some red and white ribbon the card was a very sweet tribute to Mr. Thrifty Valentine.

                                                      
So as a tribute to my Grandparents loving relationship, I followed that thread to my modern day Valentine.



No comments:

Post a Comment