Thursday, February 20, 2014

MARDI GRAS 2014

Mardi Gras prepares us for Lent.  This year, Mardi Gras falls on March 4th.  To celebrate before the fasting season begins, I put together a sweet vignette.
 
Shopping at Hobby Lobby a few weeks back, I came upon this darling charcoal gray bust-and she was 50% off.
She reminds me of my girls when they were younger.
 
 
She is so sweet, particularly with her silver headband of flowers.
 
 
 Positioning the bust on my Paris Grey painted trophy urn gave her more height.
 
 
To decorate the bust, I began by hanging Mardi Gras beads on her neckline.
 


 
I purchased this feathered mask for one of my daughters when I visited New Orleans on a Sister's weekend two years ago.  While it might be a bit large on this delicate bust, I thought it was perfect for the occasion. 
 
I love the peacock colored feathers!
 

I think I paid only $6.00 for this mask at the market in the French Quarter.




 Because I can't let well enough alone, I stopped by the Arsenal thrift shop on base the other day.
Look at the jewel I found for $1.50.  I am not even going to bother to polish it.


What first struck me was that the lion's head handles complimented my champagne bucket shown here.

 

Luckily, I have been saving up Mardi Gras beads.  Just tossing  them into the bowl adds more bling.


I think adding the second level of beads completes the vignette


Get your party masks on for Fat Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment