Sunday, February 9, 2014

VALENTINE READING CORNER


Red vintage books purchased at the library sale started  my Valentine corner this year.  These books were used last in a  previous July 4th blog. I have taken to collecting books of color-now doesn't that sound strange.  I love reds and blues and I use them often in my decorating.


Never having looked at the actual titles gave me an unexpected surprise.  The fact that the titles, 'forgive us our trespasses' and 'invitation to live' struck a cord with me.  I believe the Holy Spirit works in mysterious ways.
 

Perched on top of the remade porch pillar, the books were staged between two of the corbels that originally came from the pillar post.


A vintage ceramic planter bought for $1.00 at a yard sale added the pink and reds to the scene.
What a perfect place to put the drink coasters.



Placed on the second shelf of the carved oak table was a perfect spot for them.


One of my favorite scrapbook papers is placed into a old gold frame.


Placing this frame on the wall above last year's Valentine's collage filled the wall behind the chaise lounge with color.


 I picked up these decorated cork wine stoppers on clearance at the end of the season. 
 

I had no idea at the time how I would use them.


Pulling the glass decanter out once again gave me an idea.  


 How about replacing the glass stopper with one of the wine cork stoppers?  That's my kind of gilded elegance.
 
 
 An old mother of pearl cheese spreader was laid upon a wood box that my Dad used for storing his stamps for his collection.
Stamps--Valentines, there is a connection.
  
 
His original stash of stamps ever present. 
 

The art deco rhinestone compact added to the mix.
 

A gift of a Valentine paperweight works perfectly at our reading corner table.


Propping up my first Valentine collage finishes the scene.  The cast of nighttime light makes for a cozy mood.


During daytime, the same scene gives off a sense of serenity.


 
 
 
 
 
 Are you ready to get a good book out with a cup of tea or coffee and lose yourself for the afternoon?
 
 
 
 
Simply stated, a cozy Valentine reading corner is complete.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment