Sunday, February 2, 2014

UP A NOTCH WITH VINTAGE SPRING LINENS


Wanting to change the Valentine window in the powder room up a notch for the spring got me thinking.

I recall having a wedding picture of my parents standing in front of a table with their wedding gifts.  In the background to the right, you see some of these embroidered linen towels.  How neat to use pastel towels similar to these to use on the towel rack.



Now in the early spring months, I like to hang pastel embroidered linen towels from the glass bar instead.
Isn't this embroidery exquisite?
So instead of making a mantle display for Valentine's Day, I have a year round towel rack elegant enough to use in the front powder room.
My next project will be to stencil a damask design behind this window to give the room more dimension.  I am on the hunt for just the right stencil. 




No comments:

Post a Comment