Tuesday, July 1, 2014

SEED BOX


I found a vintage rustic box at a garage sale for $2.00. It reminded me of the type that my Grandfather had on his garage shelf holding his odd hardware bits and smaller hand tools.  It was a bit rough around the edges, but I knew that I could transform it into something more decorative.


 I had been collecting vintage seed packets for years and finally found an item to marry them with.

 
 I trimmed the packets and glued them to the back of the slots.


In the past I hung it with other garden pictures.

  Attaching a picture holder on the back was an easy fix.


However, in this house, I set it on top of the laundry room cabinets.


So now, every time I walk into the laundry room, there is a memory from my past.

Have you found a reclaimed item and tweaked it to make it your own?



No comments:

Post a Comment