Thursday, July 17, 2014

VINTAGE FINIAL MIRROR

Again, I want to apologize for posting part two of this post first.  I was out of town and what I thought my tablet was posting was the second of three drafts.
 
I am hoping to tackle a new project this summer.  This posting comes as a tease.
 
I picked this finial mirror up at an estate sale for half off of $37.00.  That came out to $18.50.  I really liked the bones of the frame and I knew that I could hopefully do something whimsical with it.
 
 
 
 
There was a piece of molding broken off(under the blue tape) which could be easily glued back on.




The mirror has a great finial at the top of the mirror.
 
 
I had mosaics on my mind for this project.  I was thinking shades of white ironstone.  Then, iridescent mosaics came to mind.  I would like to have the mirror in the foyer.
 
Stay tuned and see what I come up with.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment