Sunday, July 20, 2014

GIFT TAGS INSTEAD OF CARDS

 
When I have a bit of time to craft, but don't want to get involved with a big project, I go up to the craft room to make gift tags.  These tags are very easy to make and have at the ready for an occasion such as birthday, think of me, teacher gifts etc.  
 
One of the reasons that I started to make tags was because I had so many leftover scraps of scrapbook paper.  When printing off images from my picture file, I always print off an extra copy in case I mess up on a card.
 
 While trying to organize supplies for my scrapbook paper, I purchased a storage unit and 3 plastic 12x12 inch boxes from Michael's.  The three boxes are full of scraps.  It seems like such a waste to throw away a piece of paper when I cut into it.

The storage unit contains all of my full sheets of scrapbook paper.  On the top shelf I keep my 8x11 sheets of paper.  On the bottom three shelves I keep my 12x12 inch sheets of scrapbook paper.

 
I have three 12x12 inch cases filled to the brim with paper scraps.


Inside the top case, I have a Ziploc bag full of copies of images already printed off.


When I get ready for creating tags, I pull out a plain card stock tag.


Gathering the ribbon boxes comes next.

I also use Jolee's dimensional stickers.

 This is a cute radish that speaks to me of gardening.  Placed onto a piece of red gingham scrapbook paper really makes it pop.


Adding another piece of green paper for the top of the tag and a gingham ribbon finishes this tag off.


A vintage image from Graphics Fairy is used on the next tag.


Placed on a background paper and a satin ribbon finishes this tag.


Using decorative scrapbook scissors makes this tag pop against the faded polka dot paper with a pink accent scrapbook paper.


A cute lime green gingham ribbon completes this tag.


Sometimes I pull a quote from the Internet and glue it to the back of the tag


I also used these decorative scrapbook scissors on the attached ribbon.


Another vintage image brings a Victorian element to the tag.


 And the final tag incorporates two papers with a multi colored ribbon.


I will keep all of these tags ready to use in my 'homemade' card box.


In a short amount of time, I can whip up numerous tags for friends and family.



No comments:

Post a Comment