Friday, September 12, 2014

AUCTION PROJECT-AN UPDATED LEOPARD(OR CHEETAH) CROSS-PART I

Now that the girls are back in school, it is time to set my sights on creating some auction projects for our schools.
 
I always look for crosses to donate to the grade and high school auctions.  These crosses were on sale at Hobby Lobby for $10.20 down from $29.99 a piece.  I ignored the animal print and knew that they could be updated the thrifty valentine way.
 

What a deal!



Taking my favorite new spray primer out, I gave the crosses a quick coat.
 


The crosses were dried for about  days.

Just getting rid of the animal print was a huge change.


 
My thoughts were to mosaic only the animal print background around the smaller cross.
 

I pulled my china mosaics out and started to smash them with a hammer.  I do put the china into two heavy duty zip lock bags so I don't have slivers flying everywhere when I break up the china.  
 



After about 1 1/2 hours of hammering, I had enough to start the project.
 

 
Wait and see how the magic begins!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment