Monday, September 22, 2014

CHEETH CROSS UPCYCLED AUCTION PROJECT-PART 2


My next step was to spray paint the primed crosses with another of my favorite spray paints.  This appliance paint is the same one that I used to paint my up-cycled chandeliers.  What was even better was that this is the type of item that I look for at estate sales.  This can was not even used and for 50 cents, it was an awesome deal.


With this spray paint, I only need one coat to cover the crosses.


 After drying for two days, I was ready for the next step.
 It took 2 1/2 hours to apply the adhesive and mosaics.
Here is a close up of one of the crosses.


The adhesive needs to dry for a few days.

Looks a lot different than the animal print, no?


The final step is applying the grout.  One of my top ten crafting mediums is this particular non sanded grout.


and the directions that seem to have minimal language.....


 Though messy, this application completely finished this project.

 

After 20 minutes, I use a damp rag to wipe off the excess and let it dry for two days.


After two days, I clean all the surfaces with a damp rag to get rid of any residue.


 I wanted to show you some close up pictures of the glistening, finished cross.








Would anyone like to offer a bid for these special auction projects? 

No comments:

Post a Comment