Thursday, March 12, 2015

UPDATED FORSYTHIA BLOOMS


This posting follows one from last week regarding the forcing forsythia blooms inside.  Now, we are able to track how long it takes for them to bloom inside.  I am loving springtime in my house!

 When I first placed the forsythia branches into the vase filled with water, I had no idea how quickly they would become fully blooming. 
 

You might noticed the paper taped to the vase with the day numbered in the sequence of the blooming.  This next picture shows on day 2 the blooms just starting to bloom.


Day 3


Day 5



 
Day 6-in full bloom
 
 
So, in the future I can anticipate 6 days to force the forsythia.  Next time you want to bring spring inside, try your hand at forcing branches from the outdoors.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment