Thursday, August 27, 2015

THE FRONT YARD IN AUGUST

I woke up Sunday morning and went outside to retrieve the newspaper.  The yard was looking rather lush, so I snapped a few photos.  With the dry, hot summer we have had, I was surprised to see the continued growth on the plantings.
Notice the up cycled French blue chair filled with hot pink vinca. 





 Already, the vinca is rooting beneath the chair.

With a closer look, you can see all the volunteer vinca seedlings take root.
 I'm curious to see if any of these seedlings come back next year.  I will have to wait and see.



 The rusty white iron chair is filled with the mini petunias planted in the spring.


There aren't many blooms, but the foliage is full.



A bit of color by the driveway balances the flowers on the house.


It will be interesting to see how long these annuals will bloom throughout the fall season.



No comments:

Post a Comment