Saturday, June 4, 2016

DINNER PLATES IN THE GARDEN

                                                                                      
                                                                                I seem to acquire a lot of chipped dinner plates to use for my mosaic work, but I was really not that crazy about the patterns of these three dinner plates.


I usually never pay more than a dollar for them as you can see by the chips in the picture that follows.

Last year, I took 4 chipped bread saucers and bread and butter plates and placed them in the gardening bed in the back yard.




To add more whimsy to the other side of the bed, I planted these 3 dinner plates.
                            
Besides adding a bit of color, the plates will be a great background for the low growing flowers in front of them.

         
Now I have plates on both sides of the garden balancing out each other.  It is nice to renew the life of the plate in a most extraordinary way.



No comments:

Post a Comment