Thursday, June 9, 2016

QUICK 10 MINUTE TABLECLOTH FOR $10.00


In memory of my grandmother, I love to use oil cloth type fabric when possible. The surface allows you to clean off the dirt with a damp cloth.  This particular fabric will protect your wood tables from lingering stains too.

I found this fabric at Hancock Fabrics on sale for $10.00 for a 2 1/2 yard piece.


Prior to this, I had used another product that though it worked well needed to be changed up a bit.




Here is the kitchen table without a tablecloth.  The finished is so beautiful that I wanted to preserve the finish.

Before attacking this project, I had thought of sewing the ends up.  I also added the extra leaf into the table so when expanded, the tablecloth will still fit.  After checking the border of the fabric, I decided to just cut off the edges.  The tablecloth can be used for the table with or without the leaf.



No sewing required.


The new tablecloth compliments the grey paint from the great room.

This project took only 10 minutes to whip up.  That was fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment