Saturday, June 29, 2019

FIREPLACE TILE REFRESH 2



When I bought the tile, the store rep suggested I use non-sanded grout because the Carrera marble scratched so easily.  The color I chose was Rolling Fog.  It seemed logical to use a grey grout compound instead of white.  White grout is sometimes hard to keep clean.



I needed to wait 2 weeks until I could seal the fireplace. After taking a trip to the Tile dealer, I learned since my Carrera marble was polished, I didn't need to seal the tile.  It took over 2 hours to paint on the grout lines. 


While I was sealing the grout, I kept a damp washcloth handy to clean off any sealer that got on the tile.


Once the sealer was dry, I patched a spot that was knicked while they were removing the old tile.  This had to dry overnight.


The next day I sanded and primed the damaged area.  After removing the brown paper from the firebox, I was ready to give the whole mantle a good coat of fresh white glossy paint.



While I painted the mantle, I gave all the baseboards in the room a top coat of white paint too.


And finally, the long awaited project was complete.  I love it!  It is certainly a focal point of the great room now.



No comments:

Post a Comment