Tuesday, October 29, 2019

ADJUSTABLE PIE CRUST SHIELD

 
With Thanksgiving coming soon, I thought I would write about a great device I found to eliminate burnt pie shell edges.


While at Hobby Lobby one day, I found this on clearance.  I thought, what the heck, if it worked, I would use it a lot with my quiches and pies. Had it not been on clearance, I would have passed it up.



There are 3 reasons why I liked this product.  No. 1-it is adjustable from 11-15 inches.
No. 2- the silicone washes easily
No. 3-it really works!


If your pie is smaller the silicone sleeve just folds over itself.  It has silicone prongs(see the holes in the base of the sleeve?) that secure into any of the sections to keep it stable on your pie or quiche while cooking.








Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture after I took the pie crust shield off.  But, I will say, I will continue to use the shield because my crust was perfect!



No comments:

Post a Comment