Monday, July 20, 2020

GRILLED CORN AND TOMATO SALAD

I found a perfect cold salad for picnics.  There is no mayonnaise in it, so it will withstand the heat of the summer.

When you are grilling out, throw 6 extra corn ears on the grill.  I sprayed them with a bit of Pam spray before  putting them on the hot grill.  Grill 10 minutes on each side.  You might like them more charred.


Cool and remove corn from cobs.  Halve 1 container of grape tomatoes.  Make your dressing.  A lot of times I don't have fresh basil on hand so I use fresh basil paste. In this recipe, I used one good squirt of the basil paste.

Fresh ground pepper is a must.  Mix all ingredients together and add corn and tomatoes.  Tastes better overnight.


This was a great salad and very refreshing to eat.



No comments:

Post a Comment