Tuesday, June 16, 2020

BISCOTTI PAINTED FIGURINE USED TWO WAYS

I can't believe it has been a year since we lost our Biscotti.  Since my youngest daughter was going to be home for her birthday, I decided to make a decorated birthday cake.  I looked online to find a 'Biscotti' looking figurine.  Because he was a Labrador/German Shepherd mix, the figurine below came closest to resembling him.

But, I needed to tweak the coloring on him. I got my cream and white acrylic paint colors out and went to work.


Biscotti had a very distinctive marking on the top of his head-a heart.  How appropriate for a Valentine.

I first painted the cream color all over his body and then using the white paint, I painted the heart on the top of his head.
Once the figurine was done, I could make the 2 layer cake and place him on it.  But since the birthday was coming up later in the month, I put him in my indoor house planter.  He looks right at home.




Before I placed the dog in the planting, I took the opportunity to showcase him on a birthday cake.
For my youngest daughter's birthday, I placed him on her cake.  To implicate that the dog had tried the cake before we did, I pulled some of the frosting off and put frosting on his nose.  It looks like Biscotti enjoyed her birthday cake!


What a fun idea.  You could do the same with your own favorite pet.



No comments:

Post a Comment