Friday, November 2, 2012

Cranberry Crate

I can't believe it is November already?  And with November comes the planning of that most favorite holiday meal.

When I think of Thanksgiving, it brings back memories of our visit to Plymouth, Massachusetts.  The girls were so much younger than and showing them Plymouth Rock and the replica of the Mayflower was one of the most fun 'field trips' that we took. 


                                                     And we can't forget the boat!


                                          It is hard to believe that the girls were so little.


                           With that being said, Plymouth brings thoughts of cranberry bogs.  Then I remembered that I had a vintage crate from Grandpa


Years ago when we first moved, I gathered up all the food crates that were in the garage before our first move.  I believe that they came from my Grandfather's grocery store.  What a connection that is!  This one was one of my favorites.



                The very authentic label shows wear and tear, but you can almost imagine  the crate filled to the brim with fresh, plump cranberries.


                      Using vintage trunks started the layering process for the November holiday.


Using the fall flora, Indian corn, pumpkins and golden leaves layered with vintage luggage and the Cape Cod Crnberries crate set in front of the black iron gated fireplace screen completes the whole fall mantle scene.




No comments:

Post a Comment