Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thanksgiving Centerpiece

Instead of collecting many of the items the day before Thanksgiving, I gathered them up and created my centerpiece now.

Always needed for the Thanksgiving table is a silver plated tray for the turkey, napkins, candles and a table runner.  With a few beaded pumpkins, a bunch of Indian corn,and suitcases, I am on my way to setting the Thanksgiving table.  I would even leave the candles in the same place, rather than the normal placing them on either side of the centerpiece.


 Truth be told, we always travel to Illinois for Thanksgiving, so I don't need a centerpiece. Someday this idea will be used in my home.

I set up the centerpiece on the front foyer table, but it can be easily  transferred to the dining room table.  I really like this copper glittered honeycomb candlesticks.

                                                                               
                The coloration of the vintage suitcases looks good with all the orange and yellow.
                                                          
 
 Actually, the suitcase could be the first level on the table with the silver plated tray sitting on top of it.
 
Using a white linen tablecloth for the table, topping it with the burlap table runner sets the stage for the actual centerpiece. Layering a smaller vintage suitcase on top of the runner would work too.  Isn't this a great way to ready your Thanksgiving dinner long before defrosting your turkey?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment