Sunday, December 8, 2013

CRYSTAL DECANTER CENTERPIECE FOR CHRISTMAS COFFEE TABLE


Simply using estate sale silver plate and greenery used in this year's holiday decorating took the pressure off elaborate decorations this season.  Having said that, let's go through this simple coffee table vignette.

Out of my stash I pulled a large oval estate sale find.  I know many people don't polish anymore, but I know there are those of us who still believe in the shiny look of silver plate.

In the middle I placed one of my finds from the Little Rock silver plate sale way back when.  This was an adorable cupcake stand.  I use it to give height in many of  my displays. 
 
 
Retrieved from the hutch was a scotch decanter that Mr. Thrifty brought back from his European deployment.
 
 
Also at the Little Rock sale, I picked up 8 of these fantastic silver plated goblets.  They have an amazing engraving on the sides.   The really incredible thing about these was that they were originally $32.00 a piece, with a 75% off sign, only $8.00 a goblet.  I have waited patiently for at least 6 years to incorporate these pieces into a vignette. 
 

The last step was to insert a pair of pine cone boughs on either side of the decanter flask.
 
 





The silver sequins pillow combined with the gray and off white damask pillow blend well with the sparkling coffee table display.
 

 
Sparkle, sparkle, sparkle.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment