Tuesday, April 8, 2014

RUSSIAN CRYSTAL CARVED COBALT BLUE AND CRANBERRY GLASS EGGS IN BIRD NESTS

Mr. Thrifty has given me Russian carved glass and gilded eggs for years.  I was surprised at how many I have collected over the years.
 It was time to display them in a unique matter.  My favorite colors are the cobalt blue and cranberry glass.
 

 

Also in the mix were my enameled eggs with gold accents.



 
You might recall that I like to collect old bird nests.  Usually during the winter, I will pull one out of the tree in the yard.  I have collected a few over the years.
 
I know it seems strange to place such gorgeous pieces of art in dirty bird nests, but it seemed so appropriate.
 
I pulled one of my scratched silver plate trays out and casually arranged the bird nests on the surface.
I carefully placed the larger eggs in the nests and laid the smaller ones to the sides.


On the marble topped sewing stand, the eggs are holding court.  What a splendid way to recall Easter  tidings!

  


No comments:

Post a Comment