Saturday, June 14, 2014

JUNE WEDDING 2014

 You might recall a post that I wrote on May 31, 2012 titled Here Comes the Bride and Groom.  I took a flea market vintage cake topper and painted it to look like Mr. Thrifty and myself at our wedding.  I wanted to create a display this June reminding us of our anniversary.

While at an estate sale this spring, I picked up a silver plate lid with some interesting detail.  When I first looked at it, I envisioned a platform of some type.  It had a blemish in the middle of it, but that did not deter me from purchasing it.  It was only two dollars because it did not have the matching bowl with it.
 
 
Another view.

 
 While driving in the neighborhood, I spied an overgrown lot full of Queen Anne's Lace.  It happens to be a weed, but it reminded me of Bridal Veil.  My youngest daughter and I went to the lot and cut a bunch of it.
 


I wanted to create a canopy of sorts for the bridal couple.  I pulled one of my estate sale teapots out and polished it up.  Filling the tea pot with the 'weeds' made a wonderful backdrop.


It doesn't look like weeds now, does it?


Placing the cake topper on the silver plate lid gave it some stature.


I love the backdrop of the Queen Anne's Lace.



So for $2.00, I have my June vignette.
 




 
 Here comes the bride!
  
 
 
 
Now that the Queen Anne's Lace has been in the teapot for a week, I came back to see this on the buffet this morning.
 
 
The scene reminds me of the custom of throwing rice when the couple exits the church.  How awesome that the Queen Anne's Lace gave the couple much more than a beautiful backdrop.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment