Tuesday, June 10, 2014

PATRIOTIC COFFEE TABLE DISPLAY

I was thinking of a coffee table display for the summer.  In all things patriotic, I started with the colors red, white and blue.
 
Using a Royal Crown Cola wooden box as the base of my display started my creative juices flowing.

 
 In order to protect the coffee table, I turned the box over and applied 4 chair felt pads to the base of the box.

 
Adding two corbels from my vintage porch post were added to the mix.
 
 
A tea stained flag heart was introduced.  I propped the heart up on a glass fruit cup.
 

I pulled a Starbucks bottle out of my vase cabinet....

 and added 10 small American flags.





I threw the 3 remotes into one of the compartments.  I don't like to have them visible--ever!
 
A few slate coasters were added to another section of the box.
 
 
A vintage 4th of July postcard enhanced with glitter glued onto a painted wooden plaque was poised against the corbels.


A sale priced Pottery Barn blue and white star napkin was casually draped over the edge of the box.


I have a useful patriotic display for the summer months.  The TV remotes are somewhat hidden out of  view, the way I like it.


Another view.


Just to add a bit of patriotic color to the mantle, I pulled an old red enameled frame out that I put together in the 90's.  In those days, Good Housekeeping would put a vintage cover in their magazine copy.  I tore the picture out of the magazine, bought a navy mat and put the two in the frame.


 Leaning it up against the mantle mirror along side the blue and white Chinese pottery was just the touch it needed.


Another vignette complete by collecting items around the house.  Hooray!

 
Casually placing another stars and stripes napkin on top of the dresser  behind the couch unifies the area.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment