Sunday, November 29, 2015

PREPARING FOR ADVENT

  This year is going to be a challenge getting ready for Christmas with the loss of two family members.  Christmas brings hope and that will be my focus for this Advent.

Advent is the first season of the Christian church year, leading up to Christmas and including the four preceding Sundays. Three purple and one pink candle will be placed into the Advent wreath.


I always enjoy pulling out my rustic advent base that   Dad made for me when I was single.  I attached greenery to the top of the base and not so long ago, I attached a vintage crochet lace around the edges of the base. 



The challenge will be in inventing a new take on my advent wreath.  This year while in the kitchen, my eyes glanced over at my vegetable wire tired basket.  I had an idea.


Placing the Advent base with candles on the top level elevated the wreath and made it quite visual.
But it was too empty on the bottom level.


A quick trip upstairs to the greenery tub solved the problem.  Three branches of a long needled pine woven into the recess of the bottom basket completely changed the look of the advent wreath. 




Now, it makes a statement and focuses us to prepare ourselves for the coming of the Christ Child.

1 comment: