Tuesday, January 31, 2017

EASY CHOCOLATE KAHLUA TRUFFLES

This year in preparing my cookie list, I came across an Aldi recipe(I love Aldi's!) for chocolate truffles.  Their brand of Choceur chocolate is second to none.


Once I returned to the store, I couldn't find the dark chocolate that I was looking for so I substituted the Moser Roth brand.


The ingredients were one Choceur coffee and cream bar, one Moser Roth Dark 70% cocoa bar, 1/2 c. heavy whipping cream and 1/8th c. Of KAHLUA and sifted cocoa to cover finished truffles.

Begin by boiling the whipping cream.  Remove from heat and stir in the two bars which have been broken up. Stir until smooth.  Then add in your KAHLUA or other liqueur.  Once all blended, put in the freezer until somewhat hardened.  This took about 25 minutes.


Once hardened, using a cookie scoop, scoop balls onto a cookie sheet with some cocoa sifted on the bottom.  Once they are all formed balls(my recipe yielded 25), sift cocoa over the top of the truffles.

I put my truffles in the freezer when finished because they thaw quickly.

I can only say that these are fabulous!

I am definitely making these for Valentines Day.







 
Besides being easy to make, these truffles are fabulous.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment