Tuesday, December 26, 2017

CHRISTMAS TREE 2017 AND THE NATIVITY SETS


This year I decided to buy a new-fake-slim tree. I was tired of how the old tree just took up too much of the room.  Initially, I elevated it onto the sewing machine cabinet with the chopped off legs.  Do any of you remember how I cut the legs off this and put the guilded mirror on top of it to use as a coffee table in my husband's office?



So, I removed the mirror and moved in the now short sewing cabinet into the dining room.  The tree fit perfectly on it, until my husband, Mr. Thrifty mentioned that thought he thought the smaller 4 foot tree with the stained glass ornaments would look better on it.  He was right.













So, now back to the slender tree. I placed it back on my buffet drawer turned bench that Mr. Thrifty made for me years ago.

So here is the new tree.  I really like the pinecones on the branches.



Decorating pretty much the same as last year, everything sparkled white and glistening.  Again, I placed it in between the dining room and great room.  You might notice that the dining room table is missing.  Over the holidays, we are going to get a family portrait done, so I put the table in the office.


The crystal branches that I had used on the mantle in previous years was used as a swag around the tree.  You can never get enough sparkle, I say.

The crystal 'firecracker' stems stick out of the tree just to add some interest.



Here is a view from the foyer.





Now onto the Nativities placed around the house.

This one I bought at church from the olive tree sellers.  In the background is a snow globe that my eldest daughter made for me last year.


This is the 2nd Nativity-the petite Nativity in the great room.

The 3rd is from my parents home.  It has an iridescence on the topcoat.




The 4th is on the mantle.


The 5th one is the one my youngest daughter stenciled in her pre-k class back in 2004.
















And the final one, the 6th is from my sister Terri's mother in law that she made for me many years again.





And that concludes my Christmas decorating for this year.
Merry Christmas!













































































No comments:

Post a Comment