Sunday, December 31, 2017

WINE BOTTLE CHEESE BALL FOR NEW YEAR'S EVE







Our church had a social meeting with a wine expert as a speaker.  I wanted to have some food that would be associated with wine so I decided to make a cheese ball--in the shape of a wine bottle.

Here is the recipe that I found online. I doubled this recipe.

2 Tablespoons of Buffalo wing sauce
1 teaspoon of black pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon season salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
8oz. sharp cheddar, grated
8 oz. cream cheese, softened


Mix all ingredients and get ready for an amazing appetizer.

Here is the mixture.



Next, I traced a wine bottle on parchment paper.











Then using the template, I took my mixture and shaped it into the wine bottle cheese ball.


I had this wine stopper that had a bunch of grapes on the top of it. I also printed off a wine label that I found in images online.



















I carefully removed the parchment paper and laid the cheese ball onto a silver tray.



I inserted the wine stopper and laid the label over the middle of the 'bottle'.  Then I secured both sides of the label with two toothpicks.


Then, I toasted pecans and pressed them into the remaining exposed areas of the 'cheeseball'.



Finally, I placed crackers on all sides of the 'wine bottle'.


Two cheese knives were laid on the tray.  I also had a tray of green and red grapes to accompany the tray.



The appetizers were a hit.

This would be a great appetizer for New Years.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!





No comments:

Post a Comment