Friday, March 23, 2018

GERBER DAISY WREATH AND PLANTING


About a month ago, I was on a trip to Hobby Lobby when I spied some gorgeous faux Gerber daisy bunches.  The sale was so good that I couldn't pass them up.  It was time to put a spring wreath on the door during this crazy winter.
I also bought a wispy wreath to use as the base. 

As you can see from the stems, multiple flowers and berries were already included in them.  I began stripping the stems and wrapping and glue gunning them around the wreath.  The wreath was going to come to life quickly.

Very little manipulating of the stems caused an amazing splash of color--immediately.

In a matter of 15 minutes, the wreath was constructed.

A week later, I was by the Home Depot, so I decided to stop in the floral shop. One of the first plants I saw was the coral Gerber daisy.  I had to have it.  Because that was the only daisy, I looked around and bought some pansies to fill out the pot.

I planted them in my rusty, heart backed rod iron chair.  It is even more special that they were planted in my Grandmother's granite wash pan.

And now, with spring upon us, the front of the house is beckoning spring to come right in the front door.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment