Wednesday, May 30, 2018

EASY POLISHING SILVER TOOL

I know most people don't have a desire to polish silver.  I have scooped up so many pieces at estate sales and thrift shop for this very reason.  I like to polish silver.  I know it's quirky, but I do.  Whether I am setting up a display at home, or using the silver pieces to set a buffet table, I think it shows well.

As I was getting ready for a party, I pulled out the silver polish.  Most of the pieces that I needed to clean had intricate edges.  I always keep an old electric toothbrush, that still works, in my laundry room to use for stains. Applying Oxyclean to a spot that needs to be treated and then using the toothbrush before I put it in the washer loosens up the stain.














So back to the silver polishing.  I pulled the electric toothbrush out again and dipped it into the polishing cream.  Then, I turned it on and let it do the work on the engraved edging.  Why hadn't I thought of that before? I might add that it is gentle on the silver plate surface. I just wanted to share this tip with you.  It's a good thing!




 

















No comments:

Post a Comment