Friday, May 25, 2018

THE BLACK MADONNA


On another Saturday excursion, I drove a friend of mine to a town about 1 1/2 hours away.  I was on the search for a Madonna to place in my new/old shrine.  We spotted 3 shops that were right together.  In the last shop, I was looking at strange Presidential election memorabilia when my eye caught this enchanting black Madonna.  Black being that the entire statue was painted black.  She cost $12.00.  I really thought that the Holy Spirit had guided me to her and I swooped her up without hesitation.

I don't know if I'm going to try to strip the black paint off or not.  I want a white, shabby, chippy surface, so I will move forward to see what the end result will be.


Both of their faces look sweet, but I think stripping the paint will be a necessity.


The statue fits perfectly in the recesses of the shrine.



This is going to be an amazing project.


No comments:

Post a Comment