Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Valentines card II

This blog actually combines two holidays, Halloween and Valentine's Day.  The story goes like this.  Many years ago, my talented Mother created a beautiful rose costume for the little grandchildren (girls only) to wear for Halloween.  The costume was based on the old Anne Geddes pictures of dressing little children in flowers.  This costume has been passed down through the families since then. 

I have saved this picture in my Picture file for a long time.  I was always drawn to the sweet cherub face of this rose child.

I knew that someday, I would want to incorporate this idea into a card.  Well, when I was home one summer, I spied this fabulous Halloween picture of my niece on the fridge.  I asked for a copy and the idea began to take shape.



Look at those baby blue eyes!

I knew that I wanted to have chocolate in the card being that it is such a special part of Valentine's Day.  I found this vintage postcard image on Graphics Fairy also.
All I needed was a bit of rose colored tulle, pink scrapbook paper, a stamp and of course, glass glitter to finish the project. 


Here is the finished card with my precious niece.  Isn't she a beauty?


No comments:

Post a Comment