Monday, February 6, 2012

Valentines Day cards 1

I have always enjoyed making personal Valentines cards for friends and family.  Last year I made this one for my husband.  Always looking for that vintage look, I pulled this typewriter picture off of graphicsfairy.com.  It is a website that you can pull images off of for free.  Graphics Fairy has a huge variety of pictures, many vintage.


I went through my scraps of papers looking for some hearts and a black contrast design.  The fun part was putting a message on the typewriter.  This was somewhat tricky.  I opened a Word document and wrote :  Be Mine   Then I positioned it on the paper so when I ran the already printed picture of the typewriter,  it landed on the page inside the typewriter.  This takes a bit of practice in  trying to center the words on the page.  A cute ribbon tied the whole page together.

No comments:

Post a Comment