Monday, February 27, 2012

The Oak Table that grew Part II

   It will take a lot of coats to match the existing table.
Here is the leaf after one coat of stain.

And the second coat....

I am using Golden Oak stain by Minwax.  I have a feeling  that it's going to take multiple coats.  Here is the 3rd coat.

It is starting to take the color and getting a deeper richness.  I'll keep on staining.

                                                                 And the 4th coat.


I'm really liking the color, but I think just one more coat ought to do it.  Yes, it is time consuming, but worth the patience.


It is a good match now.  I sealed it with a matte spray clear sealer.  After I added the leaf to the table, I realized that I should have used a high gloss sealer.  It is just an added leaf and will not be left in the table permanently.


Here is the finished table.  Amazing!!!


Now my inexpensive Ikea chairs look desperate.  Another idea, another blog.  They will just have to wait.....












No comments:

Post a Comment