Thursday, January 17, 2013

Military Coins Display

For those of you that have a soldier in your house, you might wonder what you can do with all the military coins that they have received.  For those of you not familiar with this tradition,  military coins are awarded to a soldier by a higher ranking officer for a job well done.

The following idea came from my friend Tara.  I think it is an excellent way to display the coins.

Normally, these coins are laid out in shadow boxes that are made of wood.  This one was  pictured in a catalog on the Internet.




                                       I think my display is quite a conversation starter.  

 I took a footed silver plate cake dish and laid the coins out and then placed the dish on the mirror/sewing machine base coffee table. (See Marriage of Guilded Mirror and Sewing Machine Post dated March 7, 2012.)


Since this room is all things military, I thought this idea was a great way to incorporate them into the office.  Thanks again Tara!!!


And another view.......

No comments:

Post a Comment