Wednesday, April 24, 2013

VINTAGE UPDATED PAPERWEIGHT

My sister Karen has just redecorated her master bedroom with the bird nest theme.  I wanted to make her something special to place in the room.

                    I had in my stash a vintage glass paperweight for many years now.  I still remember the estate sale that I purchased it from.  My oldest daughter was 18 months at the time.  She is 15 now.

 
I found a sweet vintage image of a cat bird with an egg in my hard drive.  Now, I just had to print a copy of the picture in the right size to incorporate into the glass.
 
This one came from Graphics Fairy.
 
 
Since one of the main colors in the room was robin's egg blue, this was a perfect choice.
 
 
After printing it, I used a corner punch from Anna Griffin and accented one corner.
A strip of gold adhesive border was added to the top.  The picture was then placed on a sky blue crackled scrapbook paper.
 
 
Once placed in the glass, I added two pieces of cardboard to the back of the picture to hold it into the back of the frame.  A piece of sky blue felt was measured and glued to the back of the frame.
 
 
Another view.......
 
 
And the final view of the paperweight.
 
 
It was fun to create a special gift for her newly finished room.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment