Friday, July 19, 2013

SUMMER DOOR DECORATION

So sorry, but this posting fell off the blog, so I am reposting.
 
 
I wanted to make my Mom a welcoming door wreath.   Her personality is full of life, so I wanted the wreath to represent that.

I started with a twig door pocket purchased at Michael's.
 
 
 
It was $4.99 but I had a 40% coupon on it.  All of the spring stems were 60% off, so  I found white and coral geranium stems and filler.
 
 
 Ribbon


Some sheet moss and vintage looking lace.....


The lace would make it more feminine.




Now to get started.  I purchased the sheet moss to fill in front of the faux stems.  This gave it a very natural looking touch.


I  pieced the moss right inside the front of the basket.  No gluing was necessary.


I rearranged the flowers and secured them with twister ties.


I glue gunned the flowers into the basket behind the sheet moss.
 
 
Taking the vintage lace, I tucked it right into the top front of the basket.  The glue gun secured the lace.
 
 
Finishing up, I used the ribbon and made a loop through the back and tied it into a knot.  This ribbon will be the hanger for the door.
 
 
What a welcoming bouquet for Mom's new home.
 
 
HOME SWEET HOME
 

No comments:

Post a Comment