Monday, July 15, 2013

WHIMSICAL LAMPSHAPE WITH CHANDELIER CRYSTALS


This was a fun project that I made for my youngest daughter's room.  I had a box of vintage crystals that I wanted to use.  Let's get started.  I began with a basic 'pottery barn' knockoff lamp base.

 
 
I found some material at Hobby Lobby that matched perfectly with the colors of the bedspread
 
 
After cutting the pattern a bit larger than the lampshade, I used adhesive spray to attach the fabric to the shade.  Turning under the seam gave the shade a finished look.  Using a fine punch, I poked holes evenly around the base of the shade.
 
 
Inserting the crystals in the holes randomly around the bottom of the shade finished the project off.
 
 
 

 
What a great addition to the room.
 
 
If I want to change the look of the lamp, buying an inexpensive lampshade and reworking it will give me a different look.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment