Sunday, January 5, 2014

ANNIE SLOAN PARIS GREY DISTRESSED URNS

 I picked these two urns up at a flea market.  They were filled with dried topiaries at the time. I hauled them out of the storage bin and got ready to create some magic.  They were very heavy and appeared to be made of brass.  I bought them for $5.00 for the pair.
 
 
 Aren't they beauties?  They had the same lines as my trophy like lamp base.
 
 
 
 After a good cleaning, I painted them with Annie Sloan Paris Grey Chalk Paint.
 
 
 
 These urns received 2 coats of paint.
 
 
 For the fall, I inserted faux pumpkins in the bases.
 
 
They needed a bit more character.
 
 In order to use them for my Christmas decorations, I wanted to distress them a bit.  Taking a 200 grit sandpaper, I lightly rubbed the embossed edges of the urn revealing some of the brass finish.
 
 
Adding a large glass ornament, found for $3.99 after the last Christmas season closeout at Home Goods and a faux bough of evergreen and pine cones completely changed this urn from fall to winter. 
  
 
 
 
Leaving the trophy painted lamp with Annie Sloan Paris Grey and white paint paired with the urns perfectly.
 
 
 
This completes decorating for the Christmas/winter Great Room.  
 


No comments:

Post a Comment