Thursday, October 30, 2014

MY SAILOR VALENTINE

I have seen the shell valentines made by sea faring wives to give as a present to their husbands.
 




 


While vacationing on Gulf Shores, I knew that once I hit the white sandy beach that a project was in order.  Beach vacations are usually not a typical vacation for us.  But the kids wanted to hang out at the beach, and being that we are from Alabama, we ventured onto one of the more popular beaches there.
 
My youngest daughter and I woke up early to search for those perfect seashells scattered in the sand.
Because one of my most favorite crafts is mosaics, I thought I could use the shells as my new mosaic medium.  It had to be a similar technique.  However, I thought it would be a bit more challenging because these actual Sailor Valentines create a picture of sorts.
 
 Wait and see what project I created with the shells!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment