Tuesday, February 2, 2016

A NEW HOME FOR A GORGEOUS CEILING MEDALLION AND ELEGANT CHANDELIER

I have been blessed again.  The grandmother of a friend of my youngest daughter called me and asked me if I was interested in a crystal chandelier and a ceiling medallion.  I was so grateful that she called me.  I immediately jumped at the chance to update these two items and make them fit into our home.

My last posting showed my ideas on updating the parlor bathroom. Well, that was before the phone call.  Now, I have to change gears.

I never imagined the grand size of the medallion and the chandelier.  Even though I know brass is in again, I still think I'm going to paint the base of the chandelier in a charcoal metallic color.



A Royal Design Lisbetta Damask wall stencil was purchased at 30% off the $59.95 cost which came to $39.97 without shipping and handling.  This is generally more than I would like to spend, but this stencil is so dramatic, that I decided to take the plunge. 

  Due to the size of the chandelier and medallion, if I was going to hang them, I would need a  large  room.  So my attention was now drawn to the dining room, which has a 12 foot ceiling.  I think  the medallion and chandelier would fit best in there.  Also, I would stencil the large wall in the dining room with this stencil pattern.  I think it is going to make a huge impact.  I can't wait to get started.  Cuing Mr. Thrifty....I will have to work around his schedule since he does the base-coat painting.  I will do the stenciling myself.


Note the size of the stencil.


I had another thought to throw into the ring.  After looking again at the medallion, with such a substantial size, I think it would be awesome to paint the dining room ceiling 3  shades darker with Dovetail.


The medallion would have much more impact and the darker ceiling would give the room a more intimate feel.  I will have to run this one by the Mr. as I don't think he's crazy about painting ceilings, especially 12 foot ones.

This picture from Martha Stewart is gorgeous.

I'll say a prayer about that.  And I will get back to you on our progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment