Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Winter Wonderland Part 2

I had some fun with the foyer this season.  I gathered up items that I had used for Christmas: the ice skates on the front porch, and the tree skirt. 


I had picked up a box of antique prisms at a garage sale years back.  I didn't have a plan for them, but when icicles kept popping back into my mind, I pulled out that box and emptied it on the carpet.  Here is a close up of the prisms in Grandpa's old tool box.  Not to get off the subject, but I love to use my Grandpa's  tool box in my vignettes around the house and on the front porch.  I don't think Grandpa would have crystals dangling from the latches, but I think he would be happy to know that it has a new life many times over.



Instead of tassels hanging from the locks on the dish cabinet, I used more prisms.




How exciting to finally pull something out of storage and have a legitimate use for it.  A word to the wise--keep your stash, just ORGANIZE it.  I have one of those label makers and I have a ball with it.  Every container in my craft room is labeled and I mean EVERY container.  I don't waste time trying to find stuff.  It did take a lot of effort to initially organize, but once you do it, and KEEP it organize, your life will be simpler.



And here is the entire foyer.


                                                   Until the next posting...

No comments:

Post a Comment