Friday, October 19, 2012

Halloween Witch Wreath

My friend Tara made a bunny using a scroll saw and some luanne(thin wood paneling) years ago.  It looked adorable on my Easter wreath.  Adding some spring berry twigs and lavender crystals made a very fun Spring wreath.


I was trying to come up with an auction idea for fall.  Witches came to mind.

 I had not used my scroll saw before, so I found a template on the Internet and practice on scrap wood.  It was pretty easy.  In order to give the design some dimension, I glued black glitter to some areas of the witch.  I like the way that the glitter throws light around at night time.


                                                                 And here is the witch.

 
 
To add whimsy, I drilled  6 holes in the scallops at the bottom of the witch.  Using scrapbook puffy letters, I glued them onto round labels and hung them from the holes.
 
 
 
BEWARE
 
 
 
 
 
To complete this project, I pulled an old window out of the garage stash and washed the frame down.
Using a coupon at Hobby Lobby, I purchased a plain willow wreath. A vintage crystal knob screwed into the top of the frame was a great hanger for the wreath.  The witch was then wired onto the wreath.
 
And there you have it, a very primitive but cute Halloween wall display.
 
 
Using the window and wreath all year round, you could create different templates for all the seasons.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment