Friday, October 5, 2012

Up Cycling a Glass Dome

I have a few glass domes that cover items through out the year.  I saw a post online a few weeks ago.  They had purchased a lamp finial and glued it to the top of a glass dome.

Lowe's had a variety of finials.  I purchased a glass and bronzed finial.  This finial cost under $3.00.



                         Out of the package, the finial looks better.  The top piece is real glass.



                                        The blog glued the finial to the top of the dome.

 
 I wanted it to be temporary, so I pulled out my blue tacky(used for hanging wall posters) and put some on the underneath part of the finial.  I placed it on top of the dome and it created a new look.


                                                                         
                                           The finial dresses up the dome quite nicely.



     The best part of this makeover is the small amount of time and money it took to kick it up a notch.

No comments:

Post a Comment