Tuesday, March 8, 2016

NEW TERRARIUM WITH ST.PAT'S VIGNETTE


It's funny that when you go shopping and you never quite seem to find what your are looking for, and then, BAM, years later, your vision appears.  Well, I was truly lucky that day at Hobby Lobby.   I have so many sweet pieces that need a platform and this terrarium fit the purpose.  I know that once Mr. Thrifty sees it, the first comment out of his mouth will be, 'Are you going to repaint it?'  I love the rusted patina on the metal.
                                         NO!                                             

Originally, it cost $69.99, but at 50% off, it came down to $35.00.  It was in my cart before you could have blinked.  I know that I usually like to get a great price, but because this was exactly what I had wanted, I would have paid full price.  That never happens!

 
Since St. Patrick's Day was right around the corner, I began putting my special Irish mementos out to create this vignette.

I had my Mom's Belleek creamer and pitcher from cleaning out her house.  You can only use so many creamers, which now that I think about it, I can't believe I haven't written a posting about them yet.  I had an overgrown shefflera  plant, so I cut off one of the longer branches, filled the creamer with water and not only will they add  my greenery but I will be able to root the branches for another plant or pass it on to someone looking for a house plant.


One of my most favorite cards of all times, was this sweet Irish lass carrying a 4 leaf clover behind her.  On the bottom left, I added the green charm that my friends Tara and Maureen made, from  CharmsandFlourish Soldered Art on Facebook.(Check their site out!)

My wonderful linen embroidered estate sale hanky added to the grouping.

And of course, one of Mom's rosaries.


I love this grouping!  I might have to leave it up after March ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment