Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Dens gens creatifs

I want to thank Susan for giving me that little push to start my blog.  I wouldn't be here without her.

I wanted to come up with a blog name that would better describe my hobby, so Dens gens creatifs- the creative person- was born.

My house is filled with mostly furniture acquired through junkyards, estate or flea market sales or my neighbor's garbage.  This was born out of neccesity since  I purchased my first house and couldn't afford furniture.  This hobby has been my therapy for some 30 years.  I will start by posting a lot of before and after projects that I have finished.  I couldn't do this without the support of my fabulous husband, who sees my vision and helps me work through the rough patches. 

Here is a mirror that I bought at a neighborhood garage sale for $3.00.  It was missing chunks of the intricate molding.


I used spackling compound and built up the filligree and finished by silver leafing the entire surface. It looked too shiny so I covered it with a black wash to tone it down.




                               Please ignore the lamp cord.  Not too shabby for a $3.00 investment.

No comments:

Post a Comment